It’s now easier than ever to monitor disease trends 140 characters at a time!
The Division of Fusion within the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (ASPR) has been working hand-in-hand with the MappyHealth team to bring you the official Now Trending website! ASPR Fusion is happy to announce this recent partnership with 2012 Now Trending Challenge winners, Social Health Insights LLC, makers of MappyHealth.
Social media trends can be powerful indicators of community health issues, and this tool allows health officials to track trends in real-time. The Now Trending website will incorporate all the great features of the original MappyHealth website housed on a secure federal page including the ability to:
- Cut through the noise in social media to get to the heart of health related conversations by use of advanced filtering techniques;
- View Twitter trends based on pre-set disease taxonomy;
- Sort data by geographic region or date;
- Link to other social media and medical websites to compare information reporting; and
- Export analytics for use in health reporting.
Take some time to explore the site and all it has to offer, and direct any questions regarding Now Trending to firstname.lastname@example.org.