Finney County Health Department in Kansas made a fall flu clinic into a preparedness exercise by using a drive-thru point of dispensing (POD) site as a model for the clinic. The health department along with Finney County Emergency Management and Finney County EMS organized the clinic to exercise part of the county’s pandemic preparedness plan. Read more about Finney County’s drive-thru flu clinic.
Interested in learning more about PODs? NACCHO offers several tools that can assist with planning and implementation:
- Project Public Health Ready Point of Dispensing Planning: Training in a Virtual World
- Project Public Health Ready Just-In-Time-Training for Points of Dispensing
- Strategic National Stockpile Drive-Thru POD Planning Guide
- Advance Practice Center Inclusive Just-in-Time Training for Mass Prophylaxis/POD Operations
- Advance Practice Center Closed POD Partnerships: Train the Trainer