NACCHO will host a lunch-time Point-of-dispensing (POD) exercise at the 2014 Preparedness Summit to showcase innovative practices, resources, and techniques for planning and implementing PODs. While being “dispensed” their boxed lunches, participants will go through a POD and experience a series of educational stations that will show these innovative resources in action and demonstrate how health departments can adopt new practices into their medical countermeasure planning and implementation efforts.
- Identify innovative practices to showcase during the following stages of the POD process: registration, screening, and dispensing.
- Provide opportunities to test new or novel approaches to POD operations.
- Educate participants through a hands-on POD exercise that will take place during lunch one day at the 2014 Preparedness Summit.
- Increase awareness of PODs to our preparedness (non-public health) colleagues.
- Provide a toolkit to participants at the Preparedness Summit, so that they can incorporate these innovative strategies within their jurisdiction.
Join the Fun: Call for Innovative Practices
Have an innovative POD idea or practice? Submit your idea for consideration in the POD exercise! We are also looking for individuals who are interested and willing to help with the execution of the POD exercise. Email Andy Roszak to find out more and get involved.