Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) units across the country have been engaging in educational activities, call center support, epidemiology and surveillance support, screening support, and maintaining situational awareness to prepare their communities for an emergent case of Ebola. Several units have been featured in their local media for their Ebola preparedness activities. To learn more about their Ebola preparedness activities, see the following news stories:
- MRC of Southern Arizona: Carmona, health experts to hold Ebola prep roundtable and Public invited to Ebola forum in Tucson Saturday
- Bristol County MRC (MA): Infectious disease director featured speaker at Hot Topics event in Taunton
NACCHO also worked with MRC units involved in the Ebola response to write three stories from the field:
- Collin County MRC Conducts Contact Tracing and Monitoring for Ebola
- MRC Volunteers Aid in Dallas Ebola Response
- New York City MRC Engages in Community Outreach and Education for Ebola Response
Is your MRC unit preparing your community for Ebola but is not listed here? Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to this list.