- This event has passed.
Workshop: Building a National Capability to Monitor and Assess MCM Use for Emergency Response
June 6, 2017 @ 8:30 am - June 7, 2017 @ 5:30 pm
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) Health and Medicine Division (HMD) is hosting a free in-person workshop titled “Building a National Capability to Monitor and Assess Medical Countermeasure Use in Response to Public Health Emergencies.” The event is being organized by the Board on Health Sciences Policy and will take place on June 6-7 in Washington, DC. The workshop will cover the following objectives:
- Discuss the roles and efforts (both current and future) of the federal government and of relevant stakeholders with an interest in building and maintaining a national public health emergency MCM active monitoring and assessment capability;
- Discuss federal monitoring and assessment efforts (completed and ongoing) and opportunities for future work in areas including:
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Capabilities
- The Role of Big Data
- Clinical Trial Networks
- Concept of Operations for Threat Response
- Help inform the development of MCM active monitoring and assessment strategic plans for public health emergencies.