- This event has passed.
Western Wildfires: Keeping Communities from Polluted Air
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
This webinar event will discuss the role that local health departments and jurisdictions play in preparing for and responding to wildfires and the health impacts of wildfire smoke.
Local health department officials from California and Oregon will present a recap of the 2017 wildfires. Academic and federal researchers will review research gaps and current tools and resources available to local health departments.
The webinar will conclude with a facilitated discussion with subject matter experts.
- Brenden Haggerty, Multanomah County Health Department (OR)
- Elizabeth Rhoades, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Colleen Reid, University of Colorado Boulder
- Wayne Cascio, MD, US EPA National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory
- Robin Phohman, Public Health – Seattle and King County (Moderator)