- This event has passed.
Webinar: The Opioid Crisis
March 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Does the opioid crisis affect you, your community, or your organization? Please join CDC’s Emergency Partners Information Connection and the Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention for a discussion about the United States opioid crisis. The presenter, Sarah Bacon, Ph.D., will cover the background and impact of the opioid crisis, share resources and outreach materials organizations can use, and discuss community-level approaches to prevention and response. Following the webinar, participant will be able to:
- Describe CDC’s role in the topic covered during the presentation.
- Describe the topic’s implications for respective constituents
- Discuss concerns and issues related to preparedness for and response to urgent public health threats.
- Identify reliable information resources for the topic.
- Describe how to promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention.
This webinar is for community leaders, public health professionals, health educators, nonprofit organizations, and other non-clinicians who may work with people affected by opioid misuse. More information on this webinar, previous EPIC webinars, and information on CE units can be found on the EPIC Webinar website.
Webinar ID: 774 973 334
Closed captioning will be available.