- This event has passed.
Webinar: The HHS emPOWER Initiative – Emergency Preparedness Tools Addressing the Needs of Energy Dependent, At-Risk Populations
September 26, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join the NACCHO Preparedness team on Monday, September 26, 2016 from 2:00-3:00 PM/ET to learn about the HHS emPOWER Initiative. Created by the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), this innovative and first-of-its-kind integrated platform provides progressively dynamic data and mapping tools that support state and local health departments, and their partners, with accurate and timely at-risk population data for their communities; information that could help them better anticipate, mitigate, plan for, and respond to the potential needs of at-risk persons with access and functional needs prior to, during, and after a disaster.
During this webinar attendees will be introduced to the HHS emPOWER Initiative and provided with examples of its real-world use in the State of Arizona; Broome County, NY; and the City of New Orleans. Register today, and for more about the HSS emPOWER Initiative read this NACCHO Preparedness Brief feature blog.
- Kristen Finne, Sr. Policy Analyst & Project Lead – HHS emPOWER Initiative, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
- Sean J. Britton, Director of Public Health, Broome County Health Department
- Christopher Ryan, Medical Director, Broome County Health Department
- Charlotte Parent, Vice President of Community Affairs, LCMC Health (Former Director of Emergency Preparedness, New Orleans Health Department)
- Teresa Ehnert, Chief, Bureau of Public Health Emergency Preparedness, Arizona Department of Health Services