- This event has passed.
Strategic National Stockpile Preparedness Course
August 19, 2018 - August 25, 2018
The Strategic National Stockpile Preparedness Course (SNS) is a five-day course designed to give Federal, state, and local officials information on how to best plan and prepare for a public health emergency and how to use and manage the Strategic National Stockpile in response to a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or technological accident.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Understand the Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS) Program, the levels of support provided by the DSNS, and the response concepts of the DSNS.
- Understand and describe the planning considerations and operational requirements for receiving, distributing, and dispensing of DSNS material.
- Understand and describe the threat agents and those antibiotics and vaccines in the DSNS Formulary that are either FDA-approved or used under an investigational new drug for those agents.
- Describe the Emergency Use Authorization, its intent, how it is obtained, and its use and limitations.
- Describe the major considerations for designing a system to quickly dispense prophylactic medications to the public to protect it from a biological attack.
State and local health department staff are eligible to have travel expenses covered to attend this course. More information on eligibility and how to apply can be found here.