- This event has passed.
Strategic National Stockpile Preparedness Course
February 3 - February 9
The Strategic National Stockpile Preparedness Course (SNS) is a five-day course designed to give federal, state, and local officials information on how to best plan and prepare for a public health emergency and how to use and manage the Strategic National Stockpile in response to a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or technological accident.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skills the training program aims to teach:
- Understand the Division of Strategic National Stockpile (DSNS) Program, the levels of support provided by the DSNS, and the response concepts of the DSNS
- Understand and describe the planning considerations and operational requirements for receiving, distributing, and dispensing of DSNS material
- Understand and describe the threat agents and those antibiotics and vaccines in the DSNS Formulary that are either FDA-approved or used under an investigational new drug for those agents
- Describe the Emergency Use Authorization, its intent, how it is obtained, and its use and limitations
- Describe the major considerations for designing a system to quickly dispense prophylactic medications to the public to protect it from a biological attack
Click here to learn more and register for the course.