- This event has passed.
Legal Epidemiology, Part 3: A Tool for Addressing Health in All Policies
August 17, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
CDC’s Public Health Law Program (PHLP) and National Environmental Health Association are hosting a the third webinar in a series on legal epidemiology.
This webinar will offer a primer on the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach as a strategy for addressing complex factors that influence health and equity. Speakers will describe how a HiAP approach can help to ensure that policy decisions have a neutral or beneficial impact on health and equity outcomes. Speakers will also demonstrate how legal epidemiology can be used as a tool in tracking the growth of HiAP laws, policies and program across the country and identify current trends in HiAP implementation.
Date: Thursday, August 17th
Time: 1:00 – 2:30PM EDT
Register Online: https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=31epu6lw65hq&campaign=w0pkz6mxx60t
*Note: Webinar audio will be broadcast through attendees’ computer speakers.
- Brianne Bostian, MPH, CHES, Public Health Advisor, Chenega Professional & Technical Services, LLC serving CDC, OSTLTS, Public Health Law Program
- Doug Farquhar, JD, National Conference of State Legislatures, Program Director for Environmental Health, CDC
- Dawn Pepin, JD, MPH, Public Health Law Program, CDC
- Sandra Whitehead PhD, Director of Program and Partnership Development, National Environmental Health Association, Washington, DC
- Bernadette Nunley, JD, Assistant County Attorney, Mulnomah County, OR