- This event has passed.
Epidemiology in Action
May 18, 2015 - May 19, 2015
This basic course in epidemiology is directed at public health professionals and includes discussions of applied epidemiology and biostatistics, public health surveillance, field investigations, hands-on computer training using Epi-Info 7, and selected prevalent diseases. Epidemiologic case studies are worked on in the classroom. Register by May 9.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with the vocabulary and principles of basic epidemiology; participants are recommended to complete CDC’s Principle’s of Epidemiology self-study course or equivalent.
– Descriptive epidemiology and biostatistics, Analytic epidemiology
– Epidemic Investigations, Public Health Surveillance
– Causation, Screening
– Surveys and Sampling
– Interpretation and communication of data
– Special topics such as emerging infections, bioterrorism, & public health preparedness
– Epi Info training (latest version)
– Discussions of selected prevalent diseases
Registration Fee: $1,800. Covers tuition, computer lab use, materials, and supplies.
Housing and other expenses, extra.
Dates and Location: May 18-19, 2015. Emory University, Atlanta