- This event has passed.
Call for Papers: Surveillance and Health Security
December 31, 2015
A special feature in Health Security, a bi‐monthly peer‐reviewed journal, will be devoted to surveillance strategies for detecting and responding to outbreaks of infectious diseases and other health threats. The Journal seeks papers that address the wide range of policy, practice, and research issues relevant to analysis and enhancement of such strategies and systems.
Examples might include:
- articles exploring surveillance methods for naturally occurring or intentionally caused outbreaks of infectious disease;
- tools for identifying and characterizing novel pathogens;
- strategies for surveying mass gatherings for potential health threats;
- analyses of laws, programs, and policies governing health surveillance activities;
- uses of electronic health records to supplement the detection and response to public health events;
- new information streams that can be tapped to supplement decision making during crises;
- new insights from existing surveillance systems into disease patterns and effective control methods; and
- examination of the resources that are needed to support effective and robust surveillance programs.
Submit papers by December 31, 2015.