- This event has passed.
BARDA Industry Day
October 18, 2016 - October 20, 2016
The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) and the Office of Acquisitions Management, Contracts and Grants (AMCG), components of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), invite you to participate in their annual conference. BARDA Industry Day (BID) 2016 will take place from October 18-20, 2016 in Washington, DC, offering participants opportunities to learn about U.S. Government medical countermeasure requirements, interact with BARDA and AMCG staff, and network with private sector colleagues working in this space.
Conference topics will include:
- The past, present, and future of BARDA, what has been accomplished and what remains to be accomplished to ensure preparedness against outstanding threats;
- BARDA’s strategy, goals, and areas of interest for FY17 and beyond;
- BARDA Program updates in Influenza and CBRN threat areas;
- Updates and details about BARDA’s Broad Agency Announcements;
- Challenges of dealing with emerging, as well as current, infectious diseases;
- BARDA Core Services that can support product development and manufacturing;
- Building a national medical response infrastructure, and updates on responses to recent public health emergencies;
- New initiatives and future directions for BARDA;
- Opportunities to develop medical countermeasures for both government and commercial markets; and
- Roles and responsibilities of BARDA, AMCG, and private sector partners in contract administration and performance.
In addition to the general sessions held in the Amphitheatre on Days One and Two, BID 2016 will for the first time feature breakout sessions that will focus on more specific strategic, programmatic, and technical topics in an interactive discussion format. These sessions will be held in a conference room adjacent to the Amphitheatre, so attendance will be capped due to space limitations. Conference participants will have the opportunity to pre-register for these sessions on a first-come, first served basis when registering online for the conference. Early registration is recommended since these sessions are expected to fill up quickly.
As in previous years, conference participants can also request one-on-one meetings on Day Three with BARDA Program Staff and AMCG Contracting Officers to discuss their specific interests and questions about working with BARDA. Pre-registration for these meetings will also be available at the time of online registration, and early registration is recommended since these meeting timeslots are also expected to fill up.
Online conference registration, as well as pre-registration for breakout sessions and one-on-one meetings is now available, here.