2019 RITN Workshop Registration is Now Open!
July 30 - July 31
The Radiation Injury Treatment Network (RITN) will host its 6th biennial workshop titled – “Crisis in context: Minding the gaps in medical preparedness for a Rad/Nuke incident” in Arlington, VA, on July 30-31, 2019. The workshop materials are up on www.RITN.net and online registration is open!
The Radiation Injury Treatment Network seeks to increase healthcare professionals’ understanding of and preparedness for the tremendous medical, environmental, and psychological consequence of a mass casualty radiological/nuclear incident. The 2019 RITN workshop will highlight recent research and policy developments in resource-constrained environments: (1) optimizing ARS patient initial assessment and triage, (2) ensuring the availability and appropriate use of medical and psycho-social supportive care measures, (3) updates on the latest research in radiation-specific medical countermeasures, (4) application of technology as a force multiplier for care and education, (5) opportunities for enhanced collaboration among burn surgeons and RITN professionals. Additionally, the workshop will include the open sharing of lessons learned from past preparedness efforts.
- Explain the challenges and new developments concerning patient transport, assessment and triage in the resource constrained environment.
- Discuss progress in research on radiation-specific countermeasures, individual bio-dosimetry, and supportive care during mass casualty radiation emergencies.
- Describe the importance and key challenges of providing medical and psycho-social supportive care following a rad/nuke incident.
- Understand the emergency response role of RITN hospitals to a rad/nuke incident and appreciate appropriate utilization of resources at these hospitals.
- Describe methods for acquiring radiation expertise in the spectrum of health care and allied health workers.
- Describe key lessons learned from 20 years of preparedness activities.
Abstracts will be considered for oral presentation; if interested, please submit your proposal through the link provided by March 1.
- Submit an abstract by March 1, 2019
- Submit an industry session proposal by April 1, 2019
- Sign up to be an exhibitor
If you have any questions, please contact RITN at firstname.lastname@example.org.