The CDC Division of State and Local Readiness (DSLR) is currently seeking local and state health department staff to serve as 2017 presenters for the CDC Second Wednesday Webinar Series. Ideal presentations will provide a 15-20 minute overview of a health department’s promising practice, lessons learned from recent exercises, and/or effective strategies focusing on one of the topic areas listed below.
To be considered as a 2017 presenter, please email a brief description of your agency’s promising practice, resource, exercise, or strategy you wish to highlight to Raymond Puerini as soon as possible. Any proposed presentations related to inventory management must be received by January 20, 2017.
2017 CDC Second Wednesday Webinar Topic Areas:
- Demonstrated effective or innovative use of the CDC Inventory Management and Tracking System (IMATS)
- Best practices for how jurisdictional-developed systems might connect to IMATS
- Lessons learned using the CDC Inventory Data Exchange (IDE) Specification guide for data sharing tests required as part of the new BP5 Public Health Emergency Preparedness Cooperative Agreement requirements (CDC Join login required).
Long-Term Medical Countermeasure (MCM) Planning:
- Discussion of how the role of health department and the concept of operation changes during a follow-up or sustained MCM response compared to the initial response
- Major planning strengths, gaps, and opportunities revealed through exercises that test strategies for decision-making, activation, distribution, dispensing, and other operational components of a sustained or follow-up MCM response
- Demobilization trigger points and planning considerations
- Lessons learned from real world response demobilization activities
MCM Planning with Healthcare Partners:
- Ways health departments can successfully utilize healthcare coalitions to help meet shared funding requirements
- State and local strategies for requesting, distributing, and dispensing MCMs (including treatment related MCMs and personal protective equipment) for healthcare partners
- Lessons learned, strategies, and partnerships to increase speed and efficiency of MCM distribution operations.
- Planning strategies to address capability 9 elements contained in the MCM operational readiness review (ORR).