NACCHO, in coordination with the Preparedness Summit Planning Committee, invites your agency to contribute to the advancement of our national health security by submitting an abstract for the 2019 Preparedness Summit (March 26-29, 2019 in St. Louis, Mo.). Now more than ever, the public health preparedness community must come together to discover new and creative solutions to address evolving threats like pandemic diseases, the opioid crisis, active shooter emergencies, and cybersecurity threats.
Your organization’s work impacts public health preparedness and response. NACCHO invites you to share this call for abstracts with your staff, members, and networks. Showcase initiatives, highlight lessons learned, and share best practices to nearly 2,000 national and international experts from the fields of public health, healthcare, emergency management, and disaster relief. The year’s theme is “Preparedness Summit 2019: The Evolving Threat Environment.”
To support this year’s theme, we are accepting abstracts under the following tracks:
- Track 1:Build and sustain healthy, resilient communities.
- Track 2:Enhance the national capability to produce and effectively use both medical countermeasures and non-pharmaceutical interventions.
- Track 3: Ensure comprehensive health situational awareness to support decision-making before incidents and during response and recovery operations.
- Track 4:Enhance the integration and effectiveness of the public health, healthcare, and emergency management systems.
- Track 5:Strengthen global health security.
Visit the Preparedness Summit web site to submit your abstract by Oct. 14, 11:59 p.m., PT.
Sign up for the Preparedness Summit e-newsletter to get the latest news on the 2019 Preparedness Summit. On behalf of the entire Preparedness Summit Planning Committee, we hope to see you next March in St. Louis for the 2019 Preparedness Summit!